Acceptance of our Terms
- By visiting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office Web Site (hereinafter “Cook County Sheriff”), viewing, accessing or otherwise using any of the services or information created, collected, compiled or submitted to the Cook County Sheriff, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Service. If you do not want to be bound by our Terms and Conditions of Service, your only option is not to visit, view or otherwise use the services of the Cook County Sheriff. You understand, agree and acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions of Service constitute a legally binding agreement between you and the Cook County Sheriff and that your use of Cook County Sheriff’s Office Web Site shall indicate your conclusive acceptance of this agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Cook County Sheriff’s Office Web Site may contain proprietary and confidential information including trademarks, service marks and patents protected by intellectual property laws and international intellectual property treaties. The Cook County Sheriff authorizes you to view and make a single copy of portions of its content for offline, personal, non-commercial use. Our content may not be sold, reproduced, or distributed without our written permission. Any third-party trademarks, service marks and logos are the property of their respective owners. Any further rights not specifically granted herein are reserved.
Disclaimer of Liability
- The Cook County Sheriff and its content contributors shall be not held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the information or services on this web site and assume no responsibility for anyone's use of the information or services. The Cook County Sheriff and its content contributors shall not be held liable for any direct or indirect damages caused in any way through the use of information or services on this web site. This includes but is not limited to procurement or substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury which may be perceived by you, the web user, to be caused by the information or services on this web site, or by using this web site.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Cook County Sheriff, its web content contributors, its agencies, officials and employees from all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from the use of the information or services on this web site; by your using this web site; or by its use through your Internet account.
Disclaimer of Warranties/Accuracy of Data
- Although an effort is made to assure the accuracy and completeness of the information provided on the Cook County Sheriff's web site, the Cook County Sheriff makes no express or implied warranty as to the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of the web site's information. The Cook County Sheriff provides this information and all online services on an "as is" basis. While there may be changes to county information on topics covered on the web site, these changes may or may not be made available on the web site.
- Users are advised that information on this website does not constitute an official record. Further, the Cook County Sheriff's Office is not liable in any way for any inaccuracy of information published herein. The official court file is maintained by the Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County.
- If you have obtained information from the Cook County Sheriff's web site from a web server source other than the Cook County Sheriff's web site host server, be aware that web page content or services can be altered or changed after they are first made available on the web. The Cook County Sheriff recommends that you pay careful attention to the contents of any metadata (support data) associated with a file, and you contact the provider of the data or information directly with any questions before using the data.
- If you find any errors or omissions, please report them to the web manager for the Cook County Sheriff web site at CCSO@cookcountyil.gov.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
- The Cook County Sheriff is a distributor of content sometimes supplied by third parties and other users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, users, or others, are not those of the Cook County Sheriff, but are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s). The content does not necessarily reflect the views, policies or practices of the Cook County Sheriff, or its agencies, officials or employees.
- Any reference on the Cook County Sheriff's web site to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, is not an endorsement or recommendation. Any reference shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Disclaimer for Hypertext Links
- The Cook County Sheriff and its contributors are not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages linked from the Cook County Sheriff's web site. As a user of the Cook County Sheriff's web site, you specifically acknowledge that the Cook County Sheriff and its contributors are not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users, links, or third parties and that the risk of injury from all off-site content mentioned herein rests entirely with you, the web site user.
- Links from the Cook County Sheriff's web site to other sites do not constitute an endorsement from the Cook County Sheriff. These links are provided as a convenience for Cook County Sheriff's web site users and as an information service only. As a web user, it is your responsibility to determine the content and usefulness of information you find on other sites.
Disclaimer of Duty to Continue Providing Data
- Due to the rapidly changing nature of the World Wide Web and the Internet, online resources that are free and publicly available one day may require a fee or restrict user access the next. In addition, the location of information, services or web pages may change as menus, home pages, and files are updated or reorganized. You expressly agree that use of the Cook County Sheriff's web site is at your sole risk. Neither the Cook County Sheriff, its content providers, agencies, officials nor employees guarantee that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Legal Advice Disclaimer
- The Cook County Sheriff's Office does NOT provide legal advice and any information contained herein should not be construed as such. Users of this web site should consult with their attorney to ensure their legal rights are preserved.
Choice of Law
- Information in this disclaimer is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. Any dispute arising from the use of information or services provided on the Cook County Sheriff's web site will be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. Any legal cause of action pertaining to any claim brought against or including the Cook County Sheriff shall be filed in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois.